Senior Back-End Engineers, FinPlatform
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for software engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable and performant systems. You will play a critical role in building financial and crypto-native products, services and APIs.
As a senior software engineer you should lead by example - driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build solid, reliable software to handle multiple networks and support our ever growing family of products and user base,
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to applying the highest standards and shipping secure and performant systems,
- Work in the core of Blockchain.com’s solution, interacting directly with multiple blockchains and internal services,
- Work extensively with open source technologies (Docker, Kafka, PostgreSQL),
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do,
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality products to our users,
- Optimise existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity,
- You are highly motivated, self-driven, passionate about crypto currencies,
- You know how blockchain systems work, preferably, you worked closely with at least one,
- You find your way around when confronted to a novel problem not many people faced before,
- You possess an innate curiosity, you know multiple programming languages, you are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies,
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems,
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring,
- You take full responsibility for all the projects you work in,
- Preferably experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala or willing to learn these languages,
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Hybrid model working from home & awesome office location in the heart of London
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.