Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
The Outsourcing Manager position is a hands-on, high impact role that will require experience across the entire vendor management life cycle, including Procurement, Outsourcing, Third Party Risk Management, as well as the Vendor Management of critical third party providers. Your role will involve improving upon existing internal guidelines & standards, training & education, and monitoring and controlling vendor relationships. A successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the future of this function. They will be responsible for or owning the process of support and governance across the entire sourcing and procurement lifecycle to all areas of the business. Experience with Netsuite is considered a plus.
In this role, you will:
- Drive a vendor management program that improves efficiencies and reduces risk for business partners
- Independently keep yourself up to date with regulatory changes in the markets we are licensed and point out possible changes to our protocols that need to be made
- Provide oversight and strategic guidance for all assigned functions and staff within the source to contract organization
- Responsible for the definition, maintenance, and administration of our 3rd Party vendor management risk framework, continuously driving improvements based upon regulation
- Support the monitoring of outsourcing risk mitigation and create related reports to management.
- Support and development of Sourcing, Procurement, Outsourcing and Vendor Management policies and processes
- Take responsibility for maintaining centralized contract management processes globally
- Evaluate contingency plans as well as exit & termination strategies defined by the department and actively monitor any further need for action
- Assist the department lead in defining the relevant key performance indicators, key risk indicators and relevant reporting
- You monitor the regular performance of the departments based on defined KPIs
What you need to be successful:
- College Degree in Business, Information Technology, Information Security, Economics, Finance
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of outsourcing and third party risk and regulatory frameworks including MaRisk / EBA Outsourcing, PRA SS2/21 and other equivalents
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in sourcing or procurement
- Experience with Netsuite & JIRA considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills, you strive to work in a start-up environment and it is in your nature to find solutions
- Ability to present your findings on a high-level and report these to all stakeholders on a cross functional level
- Confidence when it comes to improving existing processes
- Fluent in English with ability to work well with PST time zone.
- Experience in managing material contracts in a regulated environment
- Experience with both ITO and BPO contracts, with a strong understanding and experience of risk management with regards to outsourcing
- Experience in establishing processes, controls and an oversight framework to ensure standardized approach to outsourcing and third party management in line with the organization's risk appetite and strategy
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options
Pay Transparency Notice: At Blockchain.com, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For individuals performing work in the United States, the target annual salary for this position can range from $108,000 to $155,000, and your actual pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location, as well as internal equity and market data.
We also offer benefits that include medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses, and full-time employees will receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Note: Blockchain.com benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.