Legal Counsel, EMEA Regulatory
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding legal professional to join our fast-growing team as a Legal Counsel, EMEA Regulatory. You will work on some of the most cutting edge regulatory questions in the crypto space, engage with counsel and regulators in a wide range of jurisdictions and be involved in advising on some of the most innovative products in the crypto market.
If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative legal team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Engage on regulatory matters including compliance with local laws applicable to products and services offered by crypto firms, in particular financial crime, conduct of business and reporting obligations.
- Support international expansion working with local counsel to assess new territories and applying for new licences or expanding existing licences.
- Support interaction with European regulatory authorities, MiCA licensing and payments experience.
- Support the business and our product lawyers with regulatory analysis when assessing new products or services.
- Follow new regulatory developments in the fast moving world of international cryptocurrency regulation.
- Work closely with Risk and Compliance on establishing global systems and controls to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Instruct and manage external counsel engagement as necessary.
- Provide internal training to non-Legal stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- JD/ Law Degree and admission to practice in the UK or the EU.
- 3-6 years relevant experience from a top tier law firm.
- Some experience in an in-house environment in a financial institution or a fintech (can be via a secondment).
- An understanding of crypto and payment services regulation in the UK and Europe.
- Strong team-work skills and a positive proactive attitude.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to proactively address them.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Track record of proactively building and maintaining productive relationships with business and corporate functional leaders.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Proficient knowledge of French would be highly desirable.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Apple equipment.
- Work from Anywhere policies
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash and Equity
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.