Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code,
create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Controller to join our growing finance team in London.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversea bank accounts and cryptocurrency wallets.
- Providing month end support and reporting.
- Prepare Statutory Accounts filings in accordance with local GAAP.
- Ensure all invoices are coded correctly and paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries for the senior controller’s approval.
- Prepare general ledger account analysis.
- Review and approve junior team members' work.
- Manage the month end close process.
- Maintain P&L and balance sheet reconciliations, identify and research any large variances.
- Prepare month end variance analysis.
- Lead year-end audit work for entities under purview.
- Perform ad-hoc projects.
- Assist with establishing internal controls procedures and processes.
- Prepare VAT and R&D credit filing and reconciliation.
- Act as backup for members of the finance leadership team as required.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- ACA/ ACCA Qualified
- A high level of experience working in a similar or relevant role.
- Experience with international accounting (United States, United Kingdom and EU is a plus).
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic
environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with startups, advising on business plans and finance strategy
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK/US GAAP
- Experience in corporate tax preparation
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading Company
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Awesome office location in the heart of London and remote working environment
- Apple equipment
- Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (AXA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.