Director of Engineering, Institutional
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
At Blockchain.com, we are building the foremost innovative crypto ecosystem for institutional clients across trading, lending, custody, staking and DeFi services. We are on the search for an experienced Engineering Manager to join and lead our Development Community in Singapore. In this role, you will actively participate in developing next generation software systems to meet the growing demands of the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
Since 2017, Blockchain.com has run a successful Institutional business and has been the leading strategic capital partner to the largest trading, investment, and mining companies in the crypto space, providing lending, OTC and electronic trading, custody, asset management funds, and other financial products and services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will be responsible for leading and growing the engineering team that delivers the user experience for our Institutional platform
- Lead and work closely with Senior Engineers to develop innovative software solutions for our global cryptocurrencies institutional businesses and operations
- Design, develop and own high-performance solution stacks for our backend
- Maintain and optimize existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance
- Keep abreast of the latest and emerging technologies in the blockchain and technology space
- Scale and up-skill the engineering team
- Accelerate delivery and increase quality by making smart infrastructure and process investments and tradeoffs
- You will work across the organization with product, engineering, marketing, and design teams to define the mobile product roadmap and guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy
- You will be a hands-on manager, responsible for inspiring, managing, and providing constructive feedback to direct reports
- As an engineering leader and manager at Blockchain you will be responsible for ensuring proper planning and delivery of complex projects, setting clear goals and best practices for your team, delivering timely feedback and helping recruit great engineers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Experience leading cross functional engineering teams rapidly delivering features at web-scale
- Prior leadership, management, and coaching skills through experience as an engineering manager. This should include experience building and leading productive, high functioning teams
- Strong technical expertise and hands on experience in at least one of: web development, mobile development, or back-end development
- Built, shipped, and scaled consumer facing, software products with at least two successful product launches to speak of
- Active participation in a team’s career development, having managed engineers and manager’s performance with proper mentorship and coaching
- The highest of standards regarding security practices and a desire to mentor your team on keeping our user base safe
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles
- Desire to foster a hardworking, collaborative and creative team culture in one of the most challenging and dynamic industries in tech
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive full time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Performance based bonuses paid in fiat
- Referral bonuses
- Excellent health insurance with international coverage for yourself and dependents based in Singapore
- Unlimited paid time off policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Bi-yearly performance reviews and regular 1:1 sessions for professional development
- Flexible work culture
- Assurance of being backed by international investors and being in the blockchain industry for over a decade
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).