Accounting Policy Specialist
Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
The Accounting Policy Specialist, who will be part of the Accounting team, will be responsible for establishing and managing Bitso’s global accounting policy and supporting a wide range of initiatives such as the consolidated financial statements audit and control procedure development to help build a world class Accounting organization. The ideal candidate will have at least 6+ years of experience, with strong knowledge in Local and IFRS, and is capable of performing technical accounting research and documenting the analysis to advance Bitso’s global financial reporting to the next level. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, problem solver, and excels working in a fast-paced environment that will help us become Latin America´s most beloved crypto company.
This person will report to the Corporate Controller.
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Degree in Accounting
- At least 6 years of experience in accounting policy/technical accounting research, including 3 years in a seniority role
- Experience in financial services, technology companies, or Big4 firms
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements
- Deep knowledge of the IFRS a must
- Native Spanish speaker with outstanding English language proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with cross functional partners
- Agile sense of work
- Creative thinking and out of the box solutions for complicated processes
- Organized and proactive, takes initiative and prioritize tasks
- Reliable, trustworthy, high level of integrity with strong service orientation
- Experience with NetSuite and/or another ERP system preferred
What You Will Do
- Develop and maintain Bitso’s global accounting policy in compliance with both regulatory and management requirements
- Perform technical accounting research and document accounting analysis in support of Bitso’s business initiatives
- Lead implementation of the new accounting standards applicable to Bitso
- Develop and own the process of footnote disclosures to the consolidated financial statements
- Effectively communicate analyses to the management
- Interact with the external auditor to address/resolve the technical accounting controversies over the complex transactions
- Conduct technical accounting/financial reporting trainings to Bitso’s internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with Bitso’s internal stakeholders through the lens of accounting policy to support Bitso’s growth
Who We Are
With over 7 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.