Head of OTC Operations (Global)
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is currently looking to expand our team by hiring a Head of OTC Operations, a global position that is flexible in terms of geography. This role is a great opportunity for a seasoned digital asset operations professional to come on board and help bolster our institutional OTC trading expansion effort. The Head of OTC Operations role will be responsible for building out and evolving our trading workflow, settlement processes, vendor relationships, banking partners, position reconciliation practices and general approach to operating the trading desk on a daily basis. The Head of OTC Ops role will manage and lead a team of other associates globally including both US and APAC to carry out daily processes related to our OTC trading function. The Head of OTC ops will work closely with our Head of OTC Trading, Head of Prime Brokerage, Head of Go Network and other senior ranking members of the BitGo Institutional team.
- Builds and manages all operational infrastructure and workflows related to OTC trading
- Builds PMS/OMS capabilities either internally or utilizing third party platform like Talos, etc.
- Runs asset/trade reconciliations to ensure positions and recorded trades map to assets held in wallets and in banks
- Builds and optimizes stablecoin management workflows driving efficiency going into and out of USDC, PYUSD, USDT and USD
- Works with Go Network Head to unlock settlement synergies across Trading desk and other LPs and clients
- Owns relationships with third party vendors, exchanges, brokers, banks
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in digital asset trading operations (spot or derivatives)
- 5+ years of general capital markets experience (either traditional or crypto markets)
- Deep financial markets expertise and digital asset market structure knowledge
- Excellent communicator with both clients and internal team members
- Leadership experience - managing a team or desk of other traders/operations personnel
- Enthusiasm for the digital asset industry and curiosity of new concepts such as new protocols and tokens, staking, NFTs, institutional market structure, credit etc.
- Agility and appetite for learning new products/technology in a fast-developing environment
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- *Benefits may vary based on location