Mid to Senior Legal Officer, EU
EU Mid to Senior Legal Officer
About BCB Group
BCB Group is a leading crypto-dedicated payment services provider, serving many of the industry’s largest clients including Bitstamp, Crypto.com, Fireblocks, Galaxy, Gemini, and Kraken. BCB Group provides payment services in over 30 currencies, FX, cryptocurrency liquidity, digital asset custody and BLINC, which is BCB’s free, instant settlements network for the BCB client ecosystem.
Responding to corporate and institutional demand for essential and excellent infrastructure in digital asset markets, BCB Group was created by established thought leaders in finance, regulation and technology. Founded in the UK and developed to encompass key relationships across global financial services communities, BCB Group is well positioned as one of the first multi-jurisdictional regulated cryptocurrency service firms.
The cryptocurrency and blockchain industry is growing rapidly, and we want to continue shaping the way the industry progresses. We are looking for talented, motivated and crypto-passionate individuals to join us in ushering in this new financial revolution.
The Role - What will you be doing?
We are seeking a dynamic and forward thinking qualified lawyer to join our team as an EU Mid to Senior Legal Officer.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the Company’s commercial team by drafting and negotiating complex contractual arrangements pertaining to existing and new products. Additionally, you will provide day-to-day legal advice to a variety of business units within the Company. Depending on your profile, you will also be assisting with any corporate matters (including future funding rounds and M&A projects).
As a key member of our legal team, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business strategy and growth.
The position can be fully remote or based in one of our hubs (Luxembourg, Paris or London).
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of legal strategies that align with the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Provide guidance on emerging legal issues and regulatory developments in the payments, banking and crypto industries.
- Conduct contract reviews, including NDAs, third party T&Cs, external comments on our T&Cs and Trading Agreements. )
- Review and draft T&Cs for existing and new products (crypto, FX and payments products, notably).
- Conduct data privacy document reviews.
- Review and draft outsourcing agreements
- Manage specific client projects such as reviewing and drafting documentation in relation to referral or partnership arrangements.
- Assist with the migration of clients from one entity to another within the Group following the acquisition of new licences.
- Support the process, coordination and project management of legal matters.
So, what are we looking for?
If you can demonstrate some of the following experience/skills below, we would love to have a conversation.
- Required Education: LPC or EU legal qualification equivalent
- 3 plus years post qualification experience, preferably in both top law firm or in-house environments in a similar position.
- Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages: French, German (with a preference for French).
- Experience in the payments industry, banking or financial services sector, with experience with the blockchain and crypto landscape a plus alongside familiarity with blockchain and distributed ledger technology.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and resolving legal challenges in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
- Ability to provide practical, strategic and business-oriented legal advice.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal clients at all levels of management and work within cross-functional teams to develop solutions to complex legal/business issues.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple time sensitive tasks.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
So, what’s in it for you?
Our people are constantly striving to be the best through operational excellence. The professional development and learning opportunities create an agile, hardworking, conscientious, and knowledgeable team.
The opportunities for personal growth are exponential. You grow as the business grows. The roles and responsibilities are broad and ever-changing, and the dynamism of BCB keeps you engaged and highly motivated.
At BCB, we believe in empowering individuals to create a culture of personal growth, together, and driving empowerment from the bottom up, up-skilling every individual at every level. This means our team has a sense of commonality and belonging, driven by a shared belief in our mission. We’re passionate about our business, our people, and providing 360-degree support for success.
- The chance to operate at the forefront of our industry
- Is there a good work-life balance? Absolutely, we take this seriously!
- You can talk to anyone in the business as there are no barriers and everyone is accessible
- You will be collaborating with teams in our offices based in Paddington on a hybrid working arrangement
- We value team success where every individual can grow and prosper
- 30 days annual leave each year
- 4 days per year to prioritise your mental health
- 1 company volunteering day per year
- Strong benefits package including; Private Healthcare, Pension, Income Protection (long-term absence), Life Insurance, Menopause Policy, and an enhanced Parental Leave policy