Financial Accountant (Remote - Work from Anywhere)
Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 150 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow.
We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien.
Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position
Work from anywhere!
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for assisting in the accounting and financial activities of the organisation.
The ideal candidate has expert technical level Accounting knowledge and skills and demonstrated skills ideally in the financial services industry (Banking/Fintech) with an in-depth knowledge of Accounting standards and relevant changes and enhancements to such applicable standards.
- Reconciling financial records to check for accuracy and completeness
- Assisting with Accounts Payable
- Reconciling assets in the ledger to supporting documentation
- Analysis of fluctuations in P&L
- Assisting with the financial month-end close process
- Assisting with the preparation and drafting of year-end accounts and statutory accounts including Annual Financial Statements drafting
- Assistance and involvement in year end audits and and answering audit queries
- Solid Post-Qualified Experience
- Qualified with one of the Big 4 Accounting firms is essential
- Audit experience essential
- Demonstrated skills in Crypto accounting is essential
- In depth experience with NetSuite is a MUST
- Experience with Bitcoin accounting
- Analytical thinker used to applying accounting knowledge to develop solutions for financial flows
- Assessing financial transactions and mapping them to our accounting systems
- Ability to problem solve individually and as part of a team
- Technically adept with knowledge and experience in sophisticated accounting systems
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.