Chief of Staff
NEAR Foundation is hiring a Chief of Staff, reporting directly to our COO. The primary objective for you is to make the organization more effective by making the COO more effective. This "right-hand position" means taking on a huge range of responsibilities and exposing yourself to pretty much everything that's happening at the strategic, tactical and organizational levels of the Foundation and its ecosystem. It's an opportunity to learn from a firehose but it will also be quite challenging because of the varied nature of tasks and the follow-ups they require. It involves a combination of strategic thinking, grunt work in the trenches and a huge amount of ownership mentality to see projects through
- Drive implementation of the COO’s key decisions across the organization, ensuring full alignment and accountability.
- Consolidate strategic insights across the NEAR Foundation, communicating to key stakeholders, and supporting the making of decks, both internal (e.g. All Hands) and external (e.g. investors, board members).
- Be the human router -- whenever something requires follow-up, we'll need your help to make sure it happens but we'll also need your help to figure out the best way to implement brand-new ideas.
- Implement the quarterly OKR and prioritization processes across the organization.
- Spin up new initiatives as the "tip of the spear" to turn ideas into structured operations that you can then scale yourself out of. These might range from finding a team to build a component to standing up a VC or an incubator.
- Come up with other creative ways to make the organization more effective, whether by creating new programs, streamlining operations, hiring, managing more effectively or kick-starting and owning a completely new initiative.
- Experience operating at the exec level of a growth organization/ owning a high-impact team
- 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in building and leading technology companies or consulting
- Outstanding business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and flexibly to ensure effective and professional delivery of operational business services
- Epic-level of communication skills, particularly in English. The aperture of communication between you and the COO will be one of the most important factors in your success.
- Demonstrated passion for the blockchain/crypto space
- Proven capabilities to operate in a startup environment or a client service environment
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.