Senior Platform Ops Engineer
Madhive is looking for an exceptional Sr Platform Ops Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be part of a world-class team of cloud engineers. You will be improving the reliability and stability of our services operating primarily in Google Cloud. You will adopt best practices for infrastructure as code, modularizing and parameterizing existing code base to easily deploy services across different environments. You will focus on building a well-managed, cost-efficient cloud platform.
About the team:
The team strives to be motivated only by building the best software for our users. We seek to understand the "why" behind the "what." We regularly tackle problems, learn new technologies, or just share what we know with others. We test our code and invest in the health of our systems. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to grow continually.
- Create monitoring and alerting systems to track the performance and health of cloud services; working closely with application teams to develop a common logging framework.
- Identify opportunities for optimization in cloud services and implementing strategies to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Developing automated processes for deploying and managing cloud services utilizing terraform, Helm Charts and additional automation tooling.
- Work closely with security teams to implement security best practices.
- Work as part of a cross-functional guild to develop and maintain operational standards and best practices. Reduce operational risk in our business.
- Developing and maintaining business continuity plans, implementing backup strategies and testing for effectiveness.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, sharing your knowledge and expertise to enhance the team's capabilities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud technologies.
- Build and maintain a FinOps dashboard to bring transparency to cost allocation and reduce spend.
- Either a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field combined with 5+ years of hands-on industry experience, or 7+ years of hands-on industry experience in roles such as Site Reliability Engineer, Production Engineer, or Cloud Engineer.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure, networking, containerization, and cloud computing concepts, ideally on GCP.
- Experience automating infrastructure utilizing IaC, preferably terraform.
- Experience with various monitoring tools like Google Monitoring Suite, AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, etc. (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience building large-scale platforms, solving problems including scalability, reliability, observability, validation, cost efficiency.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a Paas and IaaS environment. (preferred)
- Experience building or operating high performance distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience in complex system design and data pipeline and architectures, scale and performance, tuning, with good knowledge on Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and conducting experiments while influencing engineering decisions and shaping the product roadmap.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in Adtech is not required.
The approximate compensation range is $175,000–$225,000. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Please be advised that we will NOT be using third party recruiting agencies for this search.
Madhive is a dynamic, diverse, innovative, and friendly place to work. We embrace our differences and believe they fuel our creativity. We come from varied backgrounds and think that’s important. But whether it’s taking ideas from previous lives and applying them in different ways or creating something completely new, we are all trail-blazing team players who think big and want to make an impact.
Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming a Madhive employee:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents.
Family Forming Benefits: Madhive offers inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits that cover all paths to parenthood — whether it is adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, or anything related through a partnership with Carrot Fertility. The benefit includes free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds of up to $10,000 to help pay for your care.
401(K) Matching: Madhive's generous 401(K) plan offers a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually. There is no vesting period, and all full-time employees can participate immediately upon their hire date.
Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO plus additional paid company holidays.
Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents.
Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator and lunch are provided every day that you're in the office!