Engineering Manager, Analysis Engineering
Madhive is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Analysis Engineering organization. The successful candidate will lead a team of world-class cross-functional engineers. You will drive efficiencies in our processes, tools, and automation, taking a data-driven approach to measuring your team's success.
Our team strives to be motivated only by building the best software for our users. We seek to understand the "why" behind the "what." We regularly tackle problems, learn new technologies, or just share what we know with others. We test our code and invest in the health of our systems. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to grow continually.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage a team of cross-functional engineers responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of streaming data pipelines, data lakes, and data warehouses in a collaborative & agile development environment.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies; facilitate communication between multiple initiatives.
- Oversee the planning and execution of complex data projects. Ensure that data pipelines are efficient, scalable, and reliable, and that data models are designed to meet business requirements.
- Effectively navigate the organization and partner with various functions, including (but not limited to) Product, Sales, Finance, and Customer Success, to gather requirements and ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Hire and nurture engineers through mentorship and career advocacy. Provide goals, career paths, promotion guidance, and motivation to your direct reports.
- Contribute to the adoption of robust software architecture, development of best practices, and new technologies.
- Be an advocate for the vision of our product team.
- Facilitating daily standups, resolving blocked tasks, assisting with planning and estimation, and hosting retrospectives.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience and a bachelor's degree in a STEM field or 10+ years of hands-on industry experience.
- 3+ years actively mentoring and directly managing software engineers.
- You are well-versed in data pipelining, data warehousing, data modeling, data streaming, streaming architectures, and ETL processes.
- You have hands-on experience with relevant technologies and tools, such as Airflow, Spark, and streaming architectures.
- Experience leading an Agile delivery team to plan and develop products iteratively.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, software development methodologies, and principles.
- You have experience developing protobuf and JSON-based API endpoints.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and cloud computing concepts, ideally on GCP.
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, solving problems including scalability, reliability, observability, validation, cost efficiency, etc.
- Previous experience in Adtech is not required.
The approximate compensation range is $200,000 to $250,000. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Madhive is a dynamic, diverse, innovative, and friendly place to work. We embrace our differences and believe they fuel our creativity. We come from varied backgrounds and think that’s important. But whether it’s taking ideas from previous lives and applying them in different ways or creating something completely new, we are all trail-blazing team players who think big and want to make an impact.
Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming a Madhive employee:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents.
Family Forming Benefits: Madhive offers inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits that cover all paths to parenthood — whether it is adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, or anything related through a partnership with Carrot Fertility. The benefit includes free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds of up to $10,000 to help pay for your care.
401(K) Matching: Madhive's generous 401(K) plan offers a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually. There is no vesting period, and all full-time employees can participate immediately upon their hire date.
Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO plus additional paid company holidays.
Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents.
Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator and lunch are provided every day that you're in the office!