Principal Scientist - Modelling & Simulation, Enterprise Insights
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
At Improbable, we want to help businesses navigate the increasingly more complex and intertwined world. Enterprise metaverses break down the organisational and technical siloes that have meant digital twins have not been fully exploitable by the broader business. They empower entire companies to continually optimise and prepare for the future by providing a digital representation that can be visualised, analysed, explored and experimented upon. We use enterprise metaverses to empower businesses to effectively explore future scenarios and respond to change and disruption more effectively by using digital twins and enterprise metaverses.
Enterprise Insights is a newly formed business unit of 30+ people within Improbable, and with it, there are lots of interesting engineering problems to solve. In this position, you will take on the role of a scientific leader, spearheading the development and implementation of modelling and simulation in our Digital Twin products. You'll be instrumental in fostering a robust environment focused on mathematical and data-driven modelling within our expanding technical teams, providing both expertise and mentorship. Your responsibilities span a variety of technical domains, primarily Modelling & Simulation, Optimization and AI.
Your duties also involve recognizing and exploiting opportunities to integrate state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools across the EI product range. You will contribute to development projects and collaborate closely with technical project teams, facilitating the incorporation of predictive and prescriptive analytics in our offerings. You are tasked with maintaining high standards in modelling and simulation, ensuring our customers gain meaningful insights for effective decision-making and process enhancement.
- Set our modelling strategy and provide guidance and support to the engineering team to implement the strategy. You will be accountable for our overall modelling approach.
- Shape product and business strategy with respect to the latest trends and advancements in digital twin technology, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and IoT. Modelling is our core, but we strongly believe we can make our digital twins better by incorporating other advanced technologies. Help us by bringing ideas to the table.
- Spearhead initiatives in AI and digital twin technology, setting the goals and priorities of these areas and aligning them with the overall objectives of the enterprise. Prove and communicate early ideas by building prototypes.
- Identify value opportunities to employ mathematical optimization, machine learning and artificial intelligence, to support simulation-driven prescriptive analytics within our digital twin products.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including the engineering, product, and business development teams, to align technological development with business objectives.
- When required, engage with external stakeholders, including our customers, partners, and academic institutions, to promote collaboration and knowledge exchange.
- Understand the markets for AI & digital twins, supporting go-to-market initiatives across multiple sectors.
Why you're made for this:
- Proven commercial experience, ideally in a startup environment.
- Proven experience in digital twin technology, AI, and machine learning, preferably with some exposure to logistics or supply chain management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Track history of innovation in relevant fields
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field (preferred)
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.