Latin America Investment Lead
Digital Currency Group
What You’ll Be A Part Of:
Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, Digital Currency Group is the most active investor in the blockchain sector with a mission to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the proliferation of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the industry, backing more than 200 blockchain-related companies in over 35 countries. DCG also invests directly in digital currencies and other digital assets.
We passionately believe digital currency and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build over the long term.
What Is The Role:
This role is part of the DCG Investments Team and will be based in Mexico City or São Paolo. The Latin America Investment Lead will be a key contributor to the DCG Expeditions team, a global early stage investor that invests in the top fintech and crypto founders building the next generation of financial services.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Identify opportunities and run the investment process, including initial contact, commercial due diligence, presenting to the investment committee and working with the legal team on legal due diligence and deal documentation
- Staying current on key trends in crypto and fintech across multiple markets in Latin America, as well as anticipate new trends
- Manage, grow, and maintain a deep network of relationships with top VCs, founders and other industry players to stay at the cutting edge of fintech and crypto
- Testing, measuring and iterating on alternative investment sourcing channels
- Work with post-investment platform team to ensure DCG is value-add to portfolio companies in Latin America
- Build the DCG Expeditions brand in Latin America, leading relevant PR initiatives and raising our profile at events
- Over time, build out and manage the regional Latin America team with relevant hires
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, business or related field), advanced degree preferred
- 6 – 10 years of relevant experience in early-stage investing, fintech or crypto
- Passionate about fintech and demonstrated experience investing in early stage fintech
- Strong interest in crypto and knowledge of crypto fundamentals
- Very entrepreneurial mindset and openness to investing beyond standard VC constraints
- Strong network in the Latin American early-stage community
- Experience working with founders (have been one before or worked with them)
- Experience in early stage investing in Latin America, including in fintech and crypto companies
- Works hard, ambitious with low ego, and fun to work with
- Candidate must be based in Mexico City or São Paolo – relocation is not provided
What We Offer:
- An invigorating start-up environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner, and dependents
- Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
Location: Remote – Latin America. Mexico City or São Paolo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.