Data Analytics Sr
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Decentraland is a pioneering decentralized virtual world on the Ethereum blockchain, owned and governed by its users. This unique ecosystem features its own DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization), currency, and property system.
Creators constantly add new content, from emotes and wearables to games and scenes. Community members connect and engage in diverse activities like live music, parties, conferences, and art exhibitions through their avatars.
Starting as a digital real estate proof-of-concept on blockchain, Decentraland has evolved into an expansive, immersive metaverse, where anything is possible.
Discover more at Decentraland.
As an Data Analytics team member, you'll be a vital part of the team, focusing on enhancing the data driven decision of the product and content teams. You will wear multiple hats, from diving into raw data and identifying opportunities, to helping shape direction, coordinate data projects and produce data assets such as ad hoc analysis, standardized reports and metrics and foster a data driven culture. Your responsibilities include:
Data Transformation and Modeling:
• Extract data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Use DBT to transform, clean, and model raw data into structured datasets that can be readily used for analysis and reporting.
• Develop and maintain data models, ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and reliability.
Data Quality and Governance:
• Implement data quality checks and validation processes to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data.
• Collaborate with data stakeholders to establish and enforce data governance best practices.
• Design and Define metrics and KPIs for new products or features side by side with our product team and stakeholders
• Be an Strategic thinker and find opportunities of improvement based on data.
• Do advanced analytics and shape data products to empower our users experiences.
• Develop Data solutions with high end technologies based on behavioral analytics
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders and Business Analysts to determine business data reporting and analysis requirements.
• A/B testing for new features
• Proven experience in Data Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineer, Engineer Analytics or similar
• Solid understanding of ETL & ELT principles and best practices
• Proficiency in SQL and experience with database systems.
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience with clustering and Recommendation solutions
• Experience with tools like Snowflake, dbt, AWS, Airflow, Looker, Metabase, Tableau or similar tools.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to data quality.
• 5+ years in Analytics Engineer, Business Intelligence or similar role, with a proven record of delivering successful, user-centric data solutions.
• A proactive, learning-oriented mindset, actively seeking opportunities. Decentraland is a new and unique kind of platform and we face many unknowns in our challenges.
• A clear focus on business and product objectives and results
• Team player: You have a sense of collaboration and support
• Strong communicator, able to convey ideas effectively within a cross-functional team.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team and communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
• Sharing our core values: create with passion, care about the future, done is better than perfect, own it, enjoy the ride.
• Web3 and Crypto universe knowledge
• E-commerce or gaming industry experience
• Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
• 29 annual PTOs.
• Wellness and remote work stipend
• Long term incentive of tokens, vested across a 4-year period.
• Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every year.
• Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, monitor and chair.