Senior Unity Engineer
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is possible. Check it out at: http://play.decentraland.org/
What are we looking for?
We are a group of contributors to the Decentraland Foundation ecosystem and are actively seeking for a Senior Unity Engineer to continue building the clients to enter the Metaverse. Our ideal candidate is excited about creating truly memorable experiences for the community, has a generalist mindset, and an extensive background in the gaming industry.
- Take ownership of large and complex features collaborating with other team members, ensuring the highest level of quality.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, ensuring the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of the world client.
- Partner with the creative team to ensure that project planning, along with technical implementation, is aligned with the vision and strategy.
- Be part of the development process and contribute with improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production cycle.
- Mentor other developers in the best use of the development guidelines, actively participating in code reviews and pair programming.
- Strong background and professional experience within the gaming industry
- Proven experience with the Unity engine
- Proficient in C#
- Experience profiling, optimizing game and render performance
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git, Perforce or Mercurial
- Experience with web technologies, such as TypeScript, WebAssembly, WebRTC or WebGL
- Experience contributing to CI/CD pipelines and familiar with AWS cloud services.
- Experience working in multiplayer games
- Experience working with Entity Component Systems
Conditions and Perks
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours
- 29 annual PTOs
- Long term incentive of tokens
- Additional vesting linked to Performance improvement reviews every semester
- Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair
- Remote work stipend